Sunday 10 June 2012

Water butts are full again

That's the only positive thing I can think of from a week of rain, rain, more rain and strong winds. Many tall plants are now at a 45 degree angle and clumps of other plants flattened by the amount of water that has fallen on them from above.French beans have been lopped by the wind and I am very surprised that I still have brassicas standing.

Hemerocallis
Sunshine yesterday and it was a joy to be working close to this Day Lily both from colour and scent point of view. I have a number of Day Lillies in the garden. The two early flowering ones (above and 'Golden Chimes') are scented. My later ones aren't.

The bed I was working on contains my rhubarb which has in previous years added to the structure within the bed with it's large leaves. This year, however, it's telling me it needs to be dug up and split (or possibly chucked sadly). Lots of food and no stems pulled will hopefully see it through to the Autumn.

Most of the Cosmos plants finally put in.

Inside: Stems of Solomon's Seal and Wigelia 'Bristol Ruby' (see last week) along with vases of other flowers/foliage mentioned in previous weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counters