Sunday 17 June 2012

Rabbit in headlights

One of the main things I have missed with the bad weather is the scent from the garden. Heavy rain and winds just wash/blow it away. After, yet another, week of rain and very strong winds the scent from the climbing rose 'Rambling Rector' today was just stunning.

Rose 'Rambling Rector'
To the title of this post: my guess is that this is what I look like when anyone asks me about how ready I am for the open gardens (now just 4 weeks away). Too much to do and too little time at this point.

Weeds are loving the weather, vegatables are being flattened, eaten by slugs or just sulking from the lack of heat/sunshine, and I haven't managed to get much time in the garden. Spent some of gardening time this weekend in the fruit cage picking gooseberries (sawfly have been one pest that has not liked the weather - hurrah!) with associated pruning.

Looking forward to the weather forecast for the week being correct - as in it will be warmer and drier. A half hour or so on the garden every day will get me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counters