Thursday 30 April 2009

April flowers

On the last day of April 2009: Some of the photos of flowers in my garden during April that I haven't included in other April posts.


White snakeshead fritillary (Fritillaria meleagris alba)

This Fritillary grows in the grass under the Rowan tree where I just leave it be. It gets included in lawn mowing routine only when it has finished flowering. I also have the basic type of Snakes Head Fritillery.

Tulip 'Queen of the Night' in front of a grass with a red potentilla at its feet.

This plant combination has changed in the two weeks since I took this photo, with the potentilla sending out taller flower stalks.


Spirea Arguta 'Bridal Wreath'

On the other side of the grass from the last photo, this shrub was planted last year. As it grows I will remove the grass and look at what I can underplant its arching stems with.



Leopard's Bane (Doronicum orientale)

Another photo from two weeks ago: the Berberis the Dorinicum is planted in front of is now in full flower (as can be seen here). The orange and yellow planting group is added to by a parrot tulip which is just coming into flower.

I will take a photo of the group as a whole over the weekend when, hopefully, the tulip will be fully out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counters